Sooo, I’m super excited because I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by mudandstars who is freaking amazing for nominating me and has an awesome blog so go check it out!
The Liebster Award is an amazing award project which is designed to give recognition to book blogs with less than 200 followers, and bring the blogging community together/get everyone discovering new stuff!
1) Display the award, and acknowledge the blogger who nominated you
2) Answer eleven questions the previous blogger set for you
3) Give eleven facts about yourself
4) Nominate from 5-11 blogs (with less than 200 followers) that you think are deserving of the award
5) Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them
6) Come up with eleven questions for your nominees to answer!
- What’s your favourite thing about book blogging?
I love reviewing books and having the author read those reviews, especially when the authors are super sweet! I also love to get my own opinions across and particularly when I find someone has the same opinion as me on a book/series (like To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before & We Were Liars)
2. Which five books would you want with you if you were stranded on a desert island all on your lonesome?
Hmm, good question. Now I could go with a smart choice and say ‘how to build a raft’ but going on the basis of someone is on their way to save me I would pick the following books:-
– Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
– A Game of Thrones by George R R Martin
– ANYTHING BY SARAH J MAAS
– Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
– Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
3. Who is your favourite author?
I have so many favourite authors, but I love Rainbow Rowell, Renee Ahdieh, Sara Raasch and Sarah J Maas. But I love to read contemporary reads and would always go for Stephanie Perkins’ novels.
4. Who is your biggest book crush?
JAMES ALEXANDER MALCOLM MACKENZIE FRASER + LEVI from Outlander and Fangirl.
5. If you could be any character for a day, who would it be and why?
OOoo, I would have to go with either Celaena Sardothien from the Throne of Glass series because she is just so badass and I would love to be her or be her friend because nobody would mess with me then :’) But I would also like to be Arya Stark from the A Song of Ice and Fire series as she is someone who at first you do not seem to notice much or just dismiss her easily but she is not to be messed with.
6. If you could slap any character upside the head, who would it be and why?
LARA JEAN FROM TO ALL THE BOYS IVE LOVED BEFORE BECAUSE SHE IS SUCH A WHINY, SELFISH STUPID GIRL. I S2G I WANTED TO SLAP HER 99 TIMES A PAGE.
7. Which books have you struggled with/given up on?
It’s not often that I struggle with a book or give up on one. A few years back I read a book called ‘Dying To Know You’ and hated it. I can’t even remember what it was about but I hated it. I’ve tried reading the Mortal Instruments a few times (and plan to finally commit to them ASAP) but have struggled. But one book I hated (other than TATBILB) more than any other was Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour. After seeing such hype over it I was excited to start it but I got around 100 pages in and put it down for a year because I hated it so much. I finally finished it this year but skimmed the rest of it because I couldn’t bare to read it properly.
8. Which book series would you most recommend?
THRONE OF GLASS
9.What was your favourite book as a child?
The Hairy MacClary series + 101 Dalmatians
10. What is the essential factor in whether or not you’ll enjoy a book?
If the first chapter is gripping enough I’ll love the book, also the main characters need to not piss me off more than 99 times a page ;’D But I guess the main thing is the plot. It has to grab my attention and make me want to find out more, if not then I don’t want to invest time in reading it when I have such a large TBR.
11. Pick a favourite line or quote from a book.
One of my favourites is this – “My name is Celaena Sardothien. But it makes no difference if my name’s Celaena or Lillian or Bitch, because I’d still beat you, no matter what you call me” because it fully describes how badass and sassy Celaena is!
11 facts about me
- I have auditioned at a Drama School in London
- In September I will be living in London but studying English
- I love my dog Bruno more than anything in the world
- I hate pizza/ice cream/chocolate
- I LOVE DOCTOR WHO/TORCHWOOD
- I love to go to Waterstones and buy as many books possible
- I’ve facetimed by favourite band member and will be meeting him very soon to go on a fun run and also will be going to Gravity Force with the rest of the band
- I want to have kids but I’m scared to hold babies in case I hurt them
- I once spent £50 in Waterstones because a cute guy who worked there recommended the books to me
- I LOVE MARVEL particularly Iron Man and Captain America
- I would love to act and write my own film one day
And now for my 11 questions:
1. Which book character would you like to bring to life and why?
2. Most read book genre this year?
3. Where do you read?
4. Which book series would you love to be made into a film or tv series and who would you like to play the main character
5. What do you use to mark the pages of your books?
6. Why do you book blog?
7. What got you into reading?
8. Do you have any unpopular bookish opinions?
9. Which book character do you relate to the most?
10. Do you prefer e-books or physical books?
11. Sum up your perfect book in 5 words or less
Who I’m tagging and you should all follow as they have amaaaazing blogs which you should all follow!
If any of the people I’ve listed have already been nominated, or have more than 200 followers (because it’s super hard to find stats on WordPress sometimes!), then I’d just like to say, I love your blogs all the same