This year was an amazing year in books for me as I read 105 books, surpassing my goal of 50 by a lot!
It also was a special year as I started up my book blog in 2015. I did have one in 2014 but I didn’t like the platform I was using so switched to wordpress and I feel it works so much better!
I will be sharing my favourite books of 2015 in my next post but I thought I’d do my own answers to perpetualpageturner’s Annual End of Year Survey.
Number Of Books You Read: 105
Number of Re-Reads: 9
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy/YA
1. Best Book You Read In 2015? Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? The Selection by Kiera Cass- Loved it!!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? I pushed a lot of people to read books I’d read but nobody read them.
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015? Best Series Ender of 2015?
-The Final Empire by Brandson Sanderson
-The Elite by Kiera Cass
-Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2015? Brandon Sanderson
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? Game of Thrones/Outlander/The Final Empire, all from high fantasy which was a total no-go before this year.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? – Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
9. Book You Read In 2015 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? – Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2015? – The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
11. Most memorable character of 2015? – Kelsier from The Final Empire
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015? – You and Me, Always by Jill Mansell
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2015? -Auggie and Me by R J Palacio
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read? – Game of Thrones by George R R Martin
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2015? – ”When you play the Game of Thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground” by Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2015?
-Shortest; Free Four by Veronica Roth
-Longest; Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
17. Book That Shocked You The Most – Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!) -Will/Tessa from The Infernal Devices
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year -Vin and Kelsier from The Final Empire
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2015 From An Author You’ve Read Previously – Dream A Little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher
21. Best Book You Read In 2015 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: – Outlander
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015? – Jamie from Outlander
23. Best 2015 debut you read? – The Wrath and The Dawn
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? -Game of Thrones
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? -Rebel Belle
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2015? -Three Amazing Things About You by Jill Mansell
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year? – Sunkissed by Jenny McLachlan
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? – Final Empire
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2015? -This is Not a Love Story by Keren David
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? – Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2015? – I will never own enough books
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2015? – Illuminae
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog? – Civil War
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? – Ice Like Fire Blog Tour
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015? – When I finally started to get comments on my blog.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year? – Posting on time, I’ve had a few set backs this year that affected my motivation for a bit but I’m back on track now.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)? – The Island Book Review
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love? – My review of Illuminae
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? – Booktubers! They inspire me and give me new book recs’ every month.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year? – Yes, I had a target of 50 books and read 105.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2016? – The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2016 (non-debut)? – Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
3. 2016 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? – Not really a debut novel, but it’s my most anticipated and it’s Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2016? – Half Lost by Sally Green
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2016? – Read more books than I buy and post more!
6. A 2016 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: – The Island by Olivia Levez