As you can guess by the title, today’s post is a REVIEW!!
And not just any review… IT’S A REVIEW FOR CARRIE HOPE FLETCHER’S LATEST BOOK!!!!
I LITERALLY CRIED WHEN I GOT THIS BOOK IT IS SO BLOODY PERFECT and I honestly couldn’t recommend it enough to you guys!!
Excitement aside, I received a copy of “All That She Can See” from Little, Brown Book Group in exchange for an honest review.
Just a heads up for anyone who does NOT want to be spoiled, this review will be 100% spoiler free!
All That She Can See by Carrie Hope Fletcher
Release Date: 13/07/17 in Hardback & e-book
Rating: 5 Stars
Cakes and Magic. This book is everything I didn’t know I wanted in a book and more! Usually, I stick to YA, Historical & Fantasy but sometimes I feel a little need for a good chic-lit book. Now whilst this book does have *some* romance in the plot is more focused on Cherry and how she uses her gift to help people.
In the latest book, I can see a growth in Carrie’s writing. From All I Know Now to All That She Can See I can definitely see how much Carrie has matured as a writer.
All That She Can See follows Cherry, a baker with an unusual gift. She can see creatures that have attached themselves to us, these creatures are, in Cherry’s words, Meddlums. They can be Loneliness, Mischief, Grief etc you get the point. But, instead of being frightened of them, Cherry bakes special cakes to help diminish them!
And so begins Cherry’s journey, well, Flour Power Tour where she eventually ends up in Plymouth where the book takes place. There she bakes her heart out helping the locals until one day she quite literally bumps into someone who also has a gift.
I read this in a single sitting and utterly adored each and every word. I also wanted to bake cakes like 90% of the time, the other 10% had me hungry at the mention of cakes. Now, it’s been a few days since I finished All That She Can See but I can still vividly remember each and every detail, like Cherry & Chase’s first encounter with Happy!
This is a perfect book for the beach and also for those cold wet nights when you just want to huddle up under a blanket and read a good book! This book is a perfect showcase for the immense talent Carrie has, written over the course of performing in 3 shows, yup, 3 SHOWS! I cannot praise Carrie enough!
To sum up, if you love cake, magic and books that’ll make you hungry please go and buy this book now!! (it’s currently half price so I’d nab that whilst you can!)
Also, the character Chase essentially looks like Oliver Ormson who is currently playing Lucas in The Addams Family UK Tour.
AND IF THAT DOESN’T CONVINCE YOU THEN I DON’T KNOW WHAT WILL BECAUSE LOOK AT THAT FACE!!